Thursday, June 3, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge with Labels

Today is the start of a fresh new Embellish Color Challenge.... I know I pretty much stay this almost every time but, these colors are fabulous! We've also got a pretty amazing sponsor as well, Waltzingmouse Stamps!!! Love their images and their stamps are top notch! This weeks challenge is to create a project using the colors pictured above and to incorporate a label element. Here is my take...
Using a 'tag shoulders' from Very Vintage Labels No. 1, I stamped it twice onto Berry Sorbet cardstock and heat embossed in clear. Cut each out and attach above and below the sentiment (from Giga Guidelines) and a flourish (from VVLabels No.1). Punched holes and strung Berry Sorbet satin ribbon through.
For directions on how to create this cute little rolled paper flower, here is a tutorial I found on Splitcoast Stampers. The only difference was that I used a pair of scalloped scissors to cut the spiral.

Be sure to stop on by the Embellish blog for the details on the challenge, the prize and for some amazing inspiration from the other talented ladies on the Design Team. I hope we have inspired you enough to give this challenge a try and I can't wait to see what you all create!

Maile


Wedding Wishes:

21 comments:

  1. This is stunning Maile - I love it!! I agree, beautiful colours. Think I might have to play along with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous! you never fail to awe me with your fresh designs!! i love love love this! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Stunning, gorgeous, absolutely beautiful! I love this color combo challenge. You are so extraordinarily talented. Thank you for sharing with who aspire to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maile,
    I am in love with your style for creating cards...can't tell you how often I come back to your blog for inspiration...this card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that flower! I'll have to make some---thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card. Love these colors aswell.

    xx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, simple and gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Maile, what a gorgeous card! Very nice use of the colors, I luv it! so elegant!

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my..that's just beautiful!! Love those colors and will have to play along...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great design, Maile! Your flower turned out like a manufactured one - PERFECT! Thanks for the tips...I will be giving those a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maile, this is gorgeous! I love how you did your label, and that sweet little flower is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful Card Maile... love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! I LOVE this design! So fresh and contemporary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yup, gorgeous!! Your style is wonderful, and this is a perfect wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun. I love what you created. I also love waltzingmouse. i should get started on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning, elegant card this is!! I love what you did with the label, the shine from the embossing adds such a great touch to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply Stunning! That should be the title of your blog as your creations are amazing! I love how you have tied the ribbon and that flower is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maile, this card is amazing! I love every little detail. It's truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Maile,
    This is GORGEOUS!!! Also congrats on Stamping Royalty; well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! I love the colors and I have to try and play in the challenge this time! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS