Friday, May 13, 2011

Fruit Fusion

Hello and welcome! Today is day 4 of the Papertrey Ink countdown and it's time for the first group post. This means all of us on the design team get to showcase the Fruit Fusion stamp set and die series, designed by Melissa Bickford. This series consists of a variety of adorable fruit images and we've all chosen a single fruit to work with. Be sure to visit Nichole Heady's blog for all the details on these $5 sets.

So, I am excited about sharing the Fruit Fusion: Grapes set with you today! Let me get started...

To incorporate the grape into today's projects, I've come up with a grape and wine Thank You set, which includes a card and a bottle tag.First up a juicy grape card, I just love these luscious grapes! Aren't they cute?! To start, I covered a kraft card base with a bit of Dotty Biscotti pattern paper. Then attached a strip of a die cut picket fence, using the new Picket Fence die (available this month on the 15th). Then wrapped the card base with green embroidery floss.Die cut a Mat Stack #4 from Rustic Cream cardstock, stamped the sentiments, attached and trimmed along the cards edge. Die cut, stamped and attached the Plum Pudding grapes. For a more realistic look, I plumped up these juicy grapes with a few drops of Glossy Accents.Keeping with the grape theme, I created a bottle topper using a couple of Papertrey Ink dies. This bottle topper fits any wine, sparkling cider or non-alcoholic beverage bottle and it's a simple way to present or dress up your gift.Here's How: To create the loop that hangs the tag from the neck of the bottle I started by die cutting the frame die, from the Sending You Die Collection, from kraft cardstock. Next, cut a circle from within the rounded top, using the circle die from Limitless Layers: 1 3/4" Circles Die Collection. Then finished by scoring a line 1/4" above the bottom edge and folded. This fold allowed me to attach my embellished tag.Created the tag by die cutting a Mat Stack #4 from Rustic Cream cardstock. Using Chai from the Vintage Touch Ink Duo I stamped a few leaves, from Turning A New Leaf, in opposite corners. Stamped a sentiment in Dark Chocolate and attached a bunch of green grapes stamped in Spring Moss and Ripe Avocado. Attached a loop of Simply Chartreuse ribbon to the back side and then attached the entire Mat Stack tag to the cardstock loop (I made above).

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this look at the new Fruit Fusion: Grape set. This set may not be your favorite of the series, as it is mine, but I hope I have persuaded you to like it a little bit more.

For even more Fruit Fusion fun, stop by and check out what the rest of the Design Team has up their sleeves...

Thanks for stopping by, have a great one!

Maile

Thanks A Bunch:

For You Bottle Tag:

18 comments:

  1. So very clever and original - I love it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and classy cards! I love the colors you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maile, Maile, Maile... Love this from top to bottom! I adore the wine bottle tag idea - TOO cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever with the wine bottle tag! I love fruit fusion and your work is amazing as always, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maile, your projects are always such a treat! A picket fence die!?!? L.O.V.E.!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tutorial! I'll have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maile this is fantastic! Grape card and wine tag. You have such a creative mind. Thank you for the tutorial, the uses are endless for wine tags. I am thinking anniversaries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oeh, great! These bottle cards are a perfect idea! Love these grapes for that! Shiny accens, cool!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wine bottle tag and those little purple grapes look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your beautiful card, and your tag hangar for the bottle is so clever!! How do you think of such things!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, so elegant Mail. very clever idea for the wine bottle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a wonderful idea....love the wine bottle tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bottle topper brilliance my dear! Love the cards you make and all your wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute, Maile, and so creative!! Wow...just wow. I love it! I will definitely be casing this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice "grapes" card! The grapes on the fence, remind me of when I was a kid. One of our neighbors grew concord grapes on fences. Your card, brought back fond memories of them, and the lucious, rich smell of those juicy grapes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are just wonderful, Maile! They definitely make me want to pick up the Grape Fruit Fusion set!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute project. Thanks for the tutorial on the wine bottle topper. Just adorable and perfect with the Fruit Fusion: Grape set.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS