Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Vintage Ornaments Revisited

I can hardly believe that December is actually here! Christmas too will be here before we know it. How many of you are ready?! Not I.

Well, for this months Papertrey Ink Senior Design Team Challenge our focus is on the fast approaching holidays by putting Vintage Ornaments and Vintage Ornaments Additions to good use. I have yet to acquire the Additions set, but today I bring to you a fun embossing idea using Vintage Ornaments... Here's a coordinating card and tag in a color combo of Soft Stone, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss and Pure Poppy.First up the card. I started with a die cut Half & Half strip, stamped it with a Vintage Ornament sentiment and attached to the card with dimensional adhesive.Check out these hand made frosted glass ornaments, created from cardstock and clear embossing powder. Here's How: I die cut the ornaments from white cardstock, stamped the icing (in Pure Poppy and Aqua Mist) and then heat embossed the solid ornament image using clear powder.Next up... the tag. I started by trimming, stamping and attaching a sentiment strip to a Soft Stone tag. Then, using the same technique as above, I stamped, embossed and attached the ornament.Next step was to attach the ribbon tab. Here's How: Thread twine through the button, then thread twine ends through the hole at the top of the tag. Flip the tag over, place the ribbon and tie securely into place with the twine ends.Here's a nice shot of the frosted glass look. I finished the tag off with a couple die cut Spring Moss holly leaves, one stamped with Background Basics: Circles and the other with Background Basics: Gingham.

Well, that's it from me today. Now be sure to visit the other Papertrey Ink Senior Design Team girls for more Vintage Ornaments goodness...

Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile


May Your Christmas Be Merry & Bright:

'Tis the Season Tag:

12 comments:

  1. These are fantastic.I love them, especially the first one.Question:on the first project ,how do you attach the twine on the top of the card?Is it visible on the other side of the card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card! Love the hanging ornaments. The colors and your card design are fantastc1 The ornament tags are vey nice, too. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and elegant - love the frosted glass look :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, Maile! Love all of these projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous, Maile! love the colors together and they have such perfect festive shapes!! Very nice!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card along with an equally gorgeous tag! You make me wanna grab my heat gun and get busy! :)
    Hugs
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the balance you bring to everything you make - your card is absolutely beautiful and your frosted glass technique is so effective - thanks for spoiling us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when you show how you do things. The ribbon/button combo on the tag is so simple, but I never would have thought to do it like that. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love wha you've done with this set Maile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ms. Maile! I love the ornament cards! I have the dies but not the stamps. Hmmm....guess I need to rethink that huh? LOL. Hope you are well my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aloha Maile - I really like this technique but I am confused on how it's done exactly. Maybe it's because I don't know much about using die sets.... How did you get the embossing powder to cover the ornaments so precisely, with no powder on the last 1/8 of the edge?
    Thanks for the kokua!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS