Thursday, January 10, 2013

Introducing Square Print

If your counting down like I am... CHA is only a couple short days away!  If your unable to attend I hope you'll join me via Instagram (mkbelles) as I try my best to document the event with photos.  Tomorrow is the day I hit the road and make my way there!

Currently, there's another countdown going down these next few days...  I'm back this month with my newest stamp set for the January Papertrey Ink release, I'm happy to introduce to you... Square Prints.  This geometric set of patterned squares can be used in so many ways, the possibilities are truly limitless! You can stamp a series of squares, each facing in different directions, to create unique overall patterns. You can mix several patterns together or just use one or two alone.  This set features 15 unique squares.  The coordinating die makes it easy to cut out six square as once.  Square Prints will be sold for $15, beginning January 15th at Papertrey Ink.  

I've got a sample to share with you today, so let me get started...
I love a simple yet random layout!  Here's A Tip:  For me, the key to making such a design work is incorporating each color in odd numbers using a triangle formation.  I'm sure you've hear this before, but I tell ya... it really works!
I used two different squares (the solid for the background and the patterned ones for the dimension) and stamped all in a color combo of orange zest, new leaf and aqua mist.  Finished the card off with a few Studio Calico bright gems and a Framed Out #12 sentiment.


That's it from me today, but I've still got a lot more to share! So, I hope you'll join me for the remainder of the countdown!

Now, be sure to visit Nichole Heady, Besty Veldman and Danielle Flanders for new peeks. Also, Heather Nichols, Dawn McVey and Melissa Bickford have peeks to share with you of their newest sets for the month.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile




You Are Wonderful Card

23 comments:

  1. Maile, your card is beautiful. Love the simplicity of the squares. Can hardly wait to see the set. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your card is fabulous! I love the color palette you chose...so striking! Thanks for the tip...it always helps to hear and see why a classic design really works :-)

    I hope you have lots of fun at CHA! Have a safe trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this fresh, hip and funky card and your color combo. Eye candy! Congratulations on your new release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maile, I'm so looking forward to this set. Your CAS card is beautiful.
    -- Connie C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of this set. I just love your designs and CAS cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors and your geometric designs! Thanks so much for sharing@

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!
    Have a super time at the CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the design tip. You're right, it really works. Love your CAS style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card - this is not a design I would think to use so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool card! I love the bright colors on the white background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tip! Love the simplicity of your card. So many possibilities with this stamp set. Can't wait for the release!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic!! Have a great time at CHA :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maile, your card is just stunning. Love your color choices and of course, how you placed your squares. Looks like another awesome set. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh..this set is going to be so much fun! Another great one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wad just thinking about you...hope I find you at cha!! Where will you be? I'd love to bump into you again!!😉

    ReplyDelete
  17. Neat card! Love the bright colors and the geometric patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the bright colors. It captivates me more on multiple colors.

    celebrity couple

    ReplyDelete
  19. These squares look super fun, Maile!!! Love the layout and color choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so. amazing. Maile! I LOVE LOVE LOVE This card.! It's simply amazing! I love the colors, the design, everything! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS